RALEIGH, (SGRToday.com) - Five Democratic House legislators voted with Republicans to override Gov. Beverly Perdue's veto of changes to the Racial Justice Act Monday.
The final House vote on Senate Bill 416 was 72 to 48.
The Senate passed the veto override by a vote of 31 to 11. No Senate Democrats voted to override the governor's veto.
The House Democrats who voted with Republicans are:
- William Brisson of Bladen and Cumberland Counties
- Jim Crawford of Granville and Vance Counties
- Dewey Hill of Brunswick and Columbus Counties
- Bill Owens of Camden, Currituck, Pasquotank and Tyrrell Counties
- Tim Spear of Chowan, Dare, Hyde and Washington Counties
The legislation's content and voting history can be found at www.ncga.state.nc.us